Thursday, February 01, 2007

Miracle of miracles!

This is the view from the little playground behind our house! That is Oslo fjord in the background through the winter trees. It is such a gorgeous place to be at sunrise, which usually seems to coincide with Rhiannon's morning nap and my opportunity to take Bentley out for his morning constitutional and a bit of a scamper! Of course, none of this has anything to do with my subject about miracles... I just wanted to share this beautiful view that I enjoy every morning.

The miracle news is that a place for Rhiannon opened up at the barnehage right by our office in Asker! She can start immediately (although we have opted to wait until Feb 15th) and it is all because one of the other Schlumberger families decided to have their child be at home instead of in nursery school. Hurray!!! It is almost too good to be true. I have been stressing and worrying about this for MONTHS, especially because I am expected to go back to work fulltime on April 1st and it would have been such a nightmare to drive back and forth to Sandvika twice a day during traffic times. I had been really discouraged because the whole process to get into a barnehage is strange and convoluted and the waiting lists are really long...everyone I talked to had a different thing to say. Terrible. But now because of this family that pulled out, the Schlumberger-allocated slot went to someone of Schlumberger's choosing! And because I have been SUCH a squeaky wheel to the poor ladies in the Personnel Dept, there was no question that we were the ones for the slot. I feel like a 100 lb burden has just been lifted off my shoulders :-)

1 comment:

Espi, Lisa and Isabella said...

Your persistence has paid off! Another important lesson she will mirror :) You are certainly giving her the tools to be a tremendous success!