Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Very specific ideas

Rhiannon has just had a burst of language breakthroughs recently. She is now able to say what she wants to say in English and in Welsh (depending on who she is talking to). It turns out that she has very specific ideas about what she wants: "I want cold water in this yellow cup please" or "Mama, sit down right here" or "Daddy, move your toast and read me this story". She also changes her mind quite frequently, so at the moment she has us moving and reading and sitting at her beck and call. Yes, it could get out of control but at the moment it is pretty fun!

2 comments:

Nicole and Sofia said...

Oh my gosh, Sofia is going through the same thing, she says what she wants, then changes her mind the next second! Stuff like "Sit down on your bottom, now mommy" or what cracks me up even more is when she gives commands to the dog! "Come here Maya, eat dinner maya!!" Got to love this age!

Espi, Lisa and Isabella said...

I get a play by play of my day - Isabella is my narrator to everything I do. I think I will just give her a microphone and be the star of my own show...hahahahahaa