Thursday, October 09, 2008

Teambuilding

Today Rhodri and I were both invited on a "teambuilding" event for work that lasted all day and all evening as well. Unfortunately, we both had to opt out of the fancy dinner and evening part so that we could look after our kids and get ready to leave the next day for a weekend adventure. Anyway, our teambuilding event turned out to be mountain biking in Nordmarka (the huge forested mountainous area on the northwest side of Oslo). Here is part of the team at our starting point with downtown Oslo in the background.
What a great day! Yesterday it absolutely poured rain all day and night. Today, however, was the most brilliant sunshiney glorious autumn color day in awhile.
As one of our colleagues pointed out, it was fortunate that today was the day to play outside in the guise of teambuilding because all of us would have been useless at work anyway -- we would all be gazing outside and daydreaming. Here is my friend Michel jumping crazily. There was a contest to see who could take the best autumn picture and this was one of my submissions. The winner hasn't been announced yet but the prize is a bottle of champagne. In my mind, I've already won and I already know when I want to open it -- next Sunday when a certain little person turns 1 year old!

No comments: