Saturday, November 08, 2008

Second word!

For the past week, Tryfan has been communicating by pointing urgently to something and saying "asdfdncxjvoiwekslkfj..... YEAH!" (the latter part coming as soon as Rhodri or I touch the item he is pointing at). It is so funny to hear!
But this afternoon he busted out with his second real word. (Actually, I guess if you count "yeah" it is his third real word..) Here is the story:
I had just put dinner in the oven and Tryfan came into the kitchen and touched the [closed] oven door (which is room temperature). I said "Don't touch, Tryfan. That is HOT" and pulled my hand back like I had just touched something hot. Tryfan then turned around, walked over to the fireplace in the living room and pointed at it, then said "HOT". He pronounced it perfectly, and I was so surprised to hear him say it! Such a smart little guy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a clever little dude! That's impressive!