Thursday, August 06, 2009
Afternoon play
Today I rode my bike towing the Burley trailer for the first time (usually Rhodri does this while I take Bentley alongside). I picked up Rhiannon and her friend Sofie from barnehage ~2pm and towed them back to our house to play for the afternoon. Rhodri picked up Tryfan later because I couldn't fit 3 kids in the trailer. Rhiannon was SO excited for Sofie to come over that apparently she was telling everyone about it all morning, then she wouldn't let other kids play with Sofie in case that would interfere. The two of them were just sitting by the entrance gate waiting for me when I rode in. Here they are in Rhiannon's room, playing with paper dolls and stickers.
It turned into a lovely sunny and warm day, so the clothes came off and the kids played in the wading pool before dinner, then had fun driving and pushing the tractor around.
In the morning today I took Bentley on a run and explored the other side of Ulvenvannet lake. I was very proud of myself for finding a route from one side of the lake to the other via three farmers fields, a little swamp, a small bit of forest and then a scratchy and tingly thrash through stinging nettle and wild raspberries (which were ripe!). But I had been really itching to find a way around and so I am glad I did! It's probably not a good route for the Burley trailer though...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment