For about the past 5 days or so, Tryfan has suddenly started using words to communicate. Sounds basic, I know, but he is really making an effort to use words to actually say what he wants or doesn't want. He says things like "Mama eat it" (handing me food that he doesn't want to eat), "Kitty in bed" (after he has put his kitty and blanket in his bed to wait for him), and "Tryf's turn" (when he is sharing something with Rhiannon and anxious for his part of the action). This last phrase is usually shouted repeatedly and often accompanied by angry tears and foot stomps. I try not to laugh though.
Both Rhiannon and Tryfan are really fascinated by Peter Pan right now. We have two Peter Pan books - one is the original unabridged version with sparse but gorgeous illustrations, and the other one is the "Little Golden Book" version that has the Disney view of the story. Lately i have gone in search of the sudden silence in the house and found the two of them sitting in Rhiannon's bed or on the couch turning the pages of the big original one that is heavy to carry around. And actually, it is MY book so I don't really want it to be carried out to the playhouse (so that they can read it to the babies) or in the bucket of the ride-around tractor. And I definitely don't want Tryfan reading it to his kitty cat after I have put him to bed -- this is his latest favorite thing to do: read stories to his kitty and blanket, but only if they are propped up in just the right way. Anyway, I am looking forward to actually reading them the proper Peter Pan story in its full unabridged length - the little bits that I skim over are wonderfully divergent from the Disney version!
No comments:
Post a Comment