Friday, August 07, 2009
Yet another beach holiday memory
When we were in Little Haven (Wales) a couple of weeks ago, we were given the opportunity to go out for dinner! Nain and Taid offered to babysit all three kids while Rhodri, Nia, Cristian and I went for a lovely dinner at the Swan Inn - just about a minutes walk from the house we were staying in. Here we all are before departure:
Self-take en route to the big night out
The view from our choice dining table right in the window overlooking the Little Haven beach (shown here at high tide). The house we were living in is the 2nd one in from the beach with a gray roof and wooden windows. Just right in the very center of the photograph is a little white spot - this is Nain Beryl wearing a white shirt with red trousers and she is pulling the washing off of the clothesline on the middle terrace of the backyard! We tried waving to her but she didn't wave back so probably didn't see us.
The dinner was great, of course. For dessert, I ordered the cheese plate. The waitress brought out the wooden board on the left in this picture and I thought for all the world that this was the cheese plate. I was so mad! Was it a joke? What a pathetic display of cheeses, and it cost nearly 8 pounds! What a rip-off. But then about 10 long minutes later, the real cheese board appeared with so much delicious cheese that I had to take some home in a doggy bag (SUCH an American thing to do, but hey, cheese is cheese and I don't want it going to waste!).
Anyway, it was a great evening - thank you so much Nain and Taid for giving us the chance to do this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment