Thursday, August 06, 2009

Inspiration from a former boyfriend

This week I have been figuring how much and what sort of things I can fit into a day and feel satisfied at the end of it. I have a long list of things to do on several time scales and it's easy for the day to run away on me. Today I decided to do something just because I can. This was (and probably still is) the mantra of my former boyfriend E. Cann. He would always do things "just because I can, 'cuz I'm Cann". So I am deciding that this inspiration should be part of my daily life.

I didn't do anything crazy today - I just wore my favorite purple Anthropologie skirt (the one I bought for myself on Mother's Day) and my new favorite blue "Rollin' with my homies" t-shirt that Annabel sent me (they don't match very well though) and set out on my bike to pick up the kids really early from barnehage and take them to the beach.
This is the beach that is closest to our house. It's only about a 5 minute bike ride or a 10 minute walk - right at the end of Ulvenvannet lake. There were about 10 other small nekkid children playing in the shallow water and mud. Good times. Big shout out to you, EC, although I doubt you are reading this...!