The other day we went up to the Golden West Visitor Center (which is also the office for the National Park Service for the North Cascades in this region), and Rhiannon saw these utility/ outdoor vests and really wanted one so I got her and Tryfan matching vests.
 |
| Showing off their badges with Megan, a NPS Ranger |
So then they started working on their Junior Ranger badges, which
involved doing activities from age-appropriate workbooks. They really
got into these workbooks and so even though my family's relationship with the NPS in this valley is sort of "interesting", I didn't want to dissuade these two from their projects. In the end, they earned their Junior Ranger badges and said their pledges to "continue learning about the plants and animals in the North Cascades National Park and promise to share what I learn with my family and friends".
No comments:
Post a Comment