Saturday, September 22, 2012

New season at Forest School

Now that Tryfan is in school, I have stopped volunteering with the Nursery Forest School and am instead spending that time with Tryfan's class and the Forest School that I started with them (originally with Rhiannon's class). So Thursday (Rhodri's birthday) was our first day of the school year.
Here are all the Reception and Year 1 kids lined up ready to go!
The "Quiet Conga" single file line into the site
Just playing for a bit
I was really hoping to be able to keep Forest School going with Rhiannon's class, but it has been a bit messy with the changing of the teaching staff this autumn and so far it hasn't worked out. I haven't given up, though. It is so special and rewarding to spend part of each week with a herd of kids out in nature, especially when at least one of them is my own kid. I enjoy getting to see them interact together and work through the challenges that these days bring. Anyway, we got off to a really great start this week.

No comments: