Yes, now the fun begins! I am so chuffed with this hotel I'm staying at.
Aiden by Best Western in Berkeley and they have so many great perks: Peet's coffee in the rooms, happy hour every day from 5pm, a roof terrace with lounge chairs, little workout area and amazing views both to the Berkeley hills and across the Bay to even the Golden Gate Bridge. Plus you can order breakfast burritos to be delivered to your room at any time! And you can borrow a bicycle to ride around the area for free. Love this place.
So anyway, I drove to the office in Richmond to meet the team. It is a fairly large space but full of interesting, smart and fun people.
Here is my new boss Ann with her family - she invited me to dinner at her house on Tuesday night. I feel so lucky to know her and to be invited to work with her. She is really smart and fun and vivacious, and her family is wonderful too.
Here is me with some old and re-found colleagues Mike and Ed. I was so happy to be able to see them again after about 20 years. We had a quick but great afternoon coffee and drive around together.
All too soon it was time to fly back, and so I met up with Wheeler and Ali one more time to return the car and have dinner with them. We ordered a lot of food at Jupiter's in Berkeley.
I caught my flight on Friday afternoon and got back home on Saturday. Perfect!
No comments:
Post a Comment