Saturday, March 12, 2022

Kicking off a new chapter

Now that I get to start my new job in geothermal energy, I am spending a week in the Bay Area of California to get to know my new team members. I flew over today in order to acclimatize over the weekend and be in good shape for a Monday start.  Cousin Wheeler picked me up from the airport and drove me to his [new] house. It was a gorgeous day, really clear skies as we flew into San Francisco. 

I landed at about 1 pm, and was at Wheeler's house just before 3pm. Pretty good going! We actually walked down to the beach near his place in Sunset and played beach volleyball with Ali (Wheeler's fiance) and a bunch of their friends. So great!
We found a place for dinner and then walked to this awesome venue where we listened to a Afro-Cuban Jazz band play. It was so great!
The three of us just sat in a corner of this really quite small venue and enjoyed the great music! We each had an adult beverage and it was just perfect. 
I slept soooo well that night and woke up to greet the late morning sunshine with a view of the ocean from my room at their house! Today we are heading over to Aptos to stay at Elizabeth and Dwight's compound in the hills.

No comments: