Monday, October 12, 2009

The day that could have been

It was this day 2 years ago that I *thought* (and hoped) that Tryfan would be born. It would have been nicely symmetric to have Rhiannon's birthday of 12/10 (as in Dec 10) and Tryfan's as 10/12 (as in Oct 12). But it wasn't to be since he wasn't born until a full week later, and I guess that's okay because with the date/month vs month/date confusion between America and Europe, it would probably have caused us trouble at some point. But whatever. It wasn't to be, and there we go. Still, I love this time of year for all of the chilliness and colors, and my memories of walking walking trying to encourage this baby to leave the womb (for he was 12 days late in the end) are still so vivid.
This photo is a little out of context, but it shows Tryfan's giddy face as he hems and haws over which M&M to choose. He looooves M&Ms, and so we bust them out on special occasions (or not).
As for this day today, I can say that we all miss Daddy/Rhodri and look forward to him returning really really late tomorrow night. We have been a house with lots of sleep lately. Tryfan and Rhiannon both love their beds, but Tryfan especially loves to snuggle in with his kitty, llama and blanket. There is no protesting from these two (touch wood!), although I remember the struggles we have had in the past. The true darkness comes at a civilized time of ~6:30pm now and goes away around 7:15am, and these kids are sleeping about 12 hours every night. In fact, I had to wake them up today for the first time because since I have to be at my new job for 8:30am, we have to leave here by 8:15 at the latest.

1 comment:

Espi, Lisa and Isabella said...

Isa is the same way, she'll whisper to her blanket "I missed you" and loves to snuggle - great weather for too :)