Friday, October 09, 2009

New job...

Today I worked at the barnehage for the 2nd day in as many weeks.
During the day, I was asked if I could (and wanted to!) work every day next week. I agreed to it, and so I have a new job, even if temporary. I have been and will continue to work in the "other" big kids class so that I won't be looking after Rhiannon. It's better for everyone that way I think, but of course we see each other and play outside together during parts of the day. I don't see much of Tryfan because the little kids are on a different routine.
The hardest part is the language aspect because these 3-5 year olds speak so fast and so much in Norwegian! I reckon by the end of next week, I will be fluent in playground speak. The other teachers are really helpful because they go out of their way to speak slowly to me and make sure I understand. They also (at my specific request) correct me when my words or grammar are wrong. I've had a really great time so far - I think it is so fun to be with kids this age! It's like a part of me is still about 4 years old -- so I fit right in regardless of my language skills.

1 comment:

DeenHall said...

Hi Lisl,

Well done on the new job! I am so impressed with your get and go attitude - leaves us all in awe!