Friday, October 16, 2009
Long week
This week I worked all day every day at the barnehage. It was Very Hard Work, especially the language part, as all the communicating was in Norwegian. So I learned how to say "You are not allowed to hit people" and "Please sit properly and eat your food" and "Can I help you with that?" and so forth. It was fun to get a glimpse into the behind-the-scenes work and organization that goes into keeping this barnehage thriving. Here is Rhiannon with Sofia just enjoying the late afternoon sunshine earlier this week.
On Tuesday I got to go "på tur" with the 3-year-olds. We went on a 4 hour hike through the forest, with a stop at a playground for lunch. It was a very cold sunny day. The forest we went through is one that I know well because I take Bentley there very often. It was so fun to just play and explore and ramble through the forest with a herd of small kids!
Here are the stragglers on the walk across a plowed field on the way back to the barnehage.
Rhiannon was coughing a lot this week and so she ended up staying home on Wednesday and Friday with Rhodri while I hung out with her friends. Sad! But it was the right thing to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment