Friday, October 09, 2009

Not a typical evening

Last night (Thursday), Rhiannon was invited to her best friend Sofie's birthday party from 5-7pm so Tryfan and I made the best of it. I took this photo of Rhiannon just before leaving to [try to] convince her that she looked pretty with the hairband in her hair (she kept pulling it off).
Since Rhodri is away, we need to do everything together or not at all, so Tryfan and I escorted Rhiannon to the party and then drove down to Trekanten shopping center in town. First we went to the library and practiced using our "inside voices". Yeah, right! Tryfan is very excitable and he talks nonstop now. He found a book about fire trucks and boy, was he ever stoked! Combine that find with an empty climbing wall (with crash mattress below) and stuffed crocodiles, and he was literally happy-dancing and chattering noisily for all to observe! A bit embarrassing, but the library was about to close anyway so I wasn't too worried. After we checked out a couple of books (the fire truck one and "In the Night Kitchen") and a Fireman Sam video for him, we went to the grocery store to buy some deli food for dinner along with other groceries to take home. We rode the escalator a couple of times (always great fun to do), then played at the toy shop for awhile. Since his birthday is coming up, I wanted to see what things specifically he was keen on. So after enough of that, we ate our spring rolls under fluorescent lights right next to the ice cream shop. Tryfan eventually ate enough of his dinner to warrant a special treat of ice cream. He chose pink, of course.
We try to avoid bribing with the treat of dessert, but every now and then I reckon its okay. Anyway, we had to hurry to finish so that we wouldn't be late to get Rhiannon, and poor Tryfs got his first ice-cream-headache! But then we got to ride the escalator back downstairs and everything was okay again ;-)

No comments: