When I was 17, I worked in the Bakery (aka the Stehekin Pastry Company) for the whole summer after I graduated from high school. That is how I met Robbie (my employer as the owner of the Bakery) and Tammy (my co-worker). The Bakery is the Best Place in the Stehekin valley and probably the world.
So when Rhiannon asked Robbie if she could help do some baking and Robbie said YES and invited her to come early the next morning to help out, she was over the moon!
I mostly stood around drinking coffee and chatting while Rhiannon did some actual work! Robbie let her make a blueberry pie from scratch, starting with adding water to a batch of flour and shortening to make the pie crust dough.
She also got to make pizza and rolls with some wholegrain bread dough
 |
| Bread rolls before they went into the oven |
 |
| Blueberry pie and baked rolls ready to eat! (And cinnamon rolls in the foreground) |
This morning was definitely a highlight of the Stehekin trip for Rhiannon. Big huge thanks to Robbie for inviting us to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment