When I go into the office for work, I drive through lovely rural English countryside for awhile and then get on the motorway for just one junction before arriving at Gatwick. This commute means that I don't actually go into the public at all - just home, into car, drive to work, park the car, walk into the office, and then the reverse at the end of the day. So I've been carrying the most naff, tacky briefcase bag ever - a company freebie from a meeting a few years ago. It is totally cheap quality and embarrassing to carry, but it does the job. And since I never venture into public space in my work life, it doesn't matter. But the other week when I met Macha in London straight from work to go see "A Chorus Line", I had to go into the public! And obviously I couldn't bring my naff bag, so had to borrow Rhodri's for the occasion. This really made me become determined to find a suitable replacement bag that I would enjoy carrying around.
And then Sioned came to visit...
She was carrying a really cool tote bag made by Freitag and I knew the moment I saw it that this was the company I wanted to buy a laptop bag from! So the weekend she was visiting, we spent hours looking at their website trawling through the various options and colors until I decided on this little beauty.
The wonderful thing about the bags made by Freitag (in case you haven't seen their website by now) is that all their stuff is made from used truck tarpaulins and seatbelts. How cool is that!? I would love to go visit their factory in Zurich. Anyway, today was a happy day because my bag finally arrived. It took exactly a week from when I ordered it to when it was delivered. And along the way, I had such fabulous emails from them! I was really tickled when I received this confirmation email:
It’s ready! The traditional two-hour packing ritual has been successfully completed and in just a few moments we will hand over the finished package to our trusted courier.
The courier, full of enthusiasm at being a part of this experience, will hurry through the fresh spring weather to personally deliver your new recycled accessory.
Although rare, it sometimes happens that when he arrives, excitement and breathlessness result in the courier being somewhat out of sorts and unable to express the cordiality that is welling up within his heart. Please forgive him and break the ice yourself – preferably with a hearty clap on the shoulder, a quick hug or a kiss on the cheek. He will thank you for it and who knows, you might even end up celebrating the momentous arrival of your bag together.
Thanks again for your purchase and all the best from Zurich,
The FREITAG Online Team
PS: We found the perfect soundtrack to accompany the celebratory bag delivery: http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=W5FfJ89rGPc
And then Sioned came to visit...
She was carrying a really cool tote bag made by Freitag and I knew the moment I saw it that this was the company I wanted to buy a laptop bag from! So the weekend she was visiting, we spent hours looking at their website trawling through the various options and colors until I decided on this little beauty.
It’s ready! The traditional two-hour packing ritual has been successfully completed and in just a few moments we will hand over the finished package to our trusted courier.
The courier, full of enthusiasm at being a part of this experience, will hurry through the fresh spring weather to personally deliver your new recycled accessory.
Although rare, it sometimes happens that when he arrives, excitement and breathlessness result in the courier being somewhat out of sorts and unable to express the cordiality that is welling up within his heart. Please forgive him and break the ice yourself – preferably with a hearty clap on the shoulder, a quick hug or a kiss on the cheek. He will thank you for it and who knows, you might even end up celebrating the momentous arrival of your bag together.
Thanks again for your purchase and all the best from Zurich,
The FREITAG Online Team
PS: We found the perfect soundtrack to accompany the celebratory bag delivery: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
No comments:
Post a Comment