Rhiannon really wanted to go on a horseback riding lesson, so when I happened to meet the riding instructor on the road, I asked about availability and arranged a lesson for both Rhiannon and Tryfan for that afternoon. First Nancy taught them about grooming tools and how to use them.
First it was Rhiannon's turn to walk around the ring and learn how to make "Oats" walk forward, stop, and turn right and left. Nancy was really great because she let Rhiannon (and Tryfan, when it was his turn) do everything and just talked her through the lesson.
| Learning how to groom a horse before saddling up |
| Rhiannon's turn riding |
| Tryfan waiting patiently for his turn |
| Tryfan riding "Oats" |
| "Please can we get a horse? Pleeeeease?" |
It was a great riding lesson. Rhodri and I sat in the back of Bruce and just watched the lesson from a choice vantage point. Now Rhiannon is already talking about next summer when she will be old enough to go on a trail ride...
No comments:
Post a Comment